Sunday, October 16, 2011

Windy Day Is A Good Day To Make A Kite

It's windy this weekend.  I love the wind.  It makes music with my chimes and rustles up the squirrels as they run across my backyard.  My doggies find it arresting as they stop and sniff the quickly passing scents.  Today, the wind feels like Fall and I think I need to take a walk out in it.  Projects and paintings can wait.  Nature is calling. 



Hey! Maybe I will even make a paper kite!?  TLC has a pretty cool tutorial on how to make cool, tiny kites out of a brown paper bag.  Check this out HERE!


 
 Wind on the Hill
No one can tell me,
Nobody knows,
Where the wind comes from,
Where the wind goes.

It's flying from somewhere
As fast as it can,
I couldn't keep up with it,
Not if I ran.

But if I stopped holding
The string of my kite,
It would blow with the wind
For a day and a night.

And then when I found it,
Wherever it blew,
I should know that the wind
Had been going there too.

So then I could tell them
Where the wind goes...
But where the wind comes from
Nobody knows.
-by A. A. Milne
 
Whatever your weather today, get out and enjoy it! 
-The End-

11 comments:

WrightStuff said...

Go fly with the wind today my friend and pick up an adventure or two on the way!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

It's been windy here too.
The leaves are falling in beautiful Fall colors.

Dee

Shortbread and Ginger said...

I remember having to learn that poem by heart in primary school!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

"Let's go fly a kite up to the highest height lets go fly a kite and sing its story up in the atmosphere up where the air is clear let's all go fly a kite"
Love them

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It was lovely here in Asheville! I remember when I lived in Naples, Fl, how I really enjoyed that first day that hinted at fall after a hot muggy summer...

Martha Kisling said...

Love the sentiment - we definitely get our share of wind here in Colorado!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Love that poem. I love your new photo too.

Unknown said...

love that wind poem...Windy fall days are so sweet as long as the sun stays out. Have a great day

- KAT -

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the kites. and haven't heard that poem from AA Milne since I was a kid! Thanks for sharing, Valerie

outjunking said...

That is a new poem for me. I do like it however. Poems are always so soothing.
Lisa

Lisa Montsion said...

I use to love to fly my kite.

lisa